Monday, April 28, 2014

031_prototype 1_arduino testing

After researching potential ways I could create an output from an sensory input, I decided to try to use an Arduino Magpie Microprocessor bought from Little Bird Electronics for the coding for my wearable.

As I have never done any electronics before, I started with some basic projects from the Freetronics Project Guide, and then followed some tutorials on how to program an arduino. 

Specs:


How to use and initial coding:

The arduino connected to my laptop:

The mad workstation:

Blink

Video of first time using the Arduino and code: Example Blink where the LED blinks according to the code:




Circuit with breadboard, 180 ohm resistor, LED and Magpie Arduino

Project 2 - 5 LEDs from the Freetronics Project Guide

Circuit with breadboard, 5 180 ohm resistors, 5 LEDs and Magpie Arduino

Video of the test:

Sharp IR Sensor + Arduino


The Magpie Arduino with Sharp IR sensor (range 10cm-80cm)

Video of the above:


Video of the serial monitor output:

Sharp IR Sensor + Arduino + LED

I then connected the above to the breadboard with the LED as the output:





No comments:

Post a Comment