Friday, May 2, 2014

032_prototype 2_light barrier

Kemo Electronic 12V Light Barrier Kit B045 (from Jaycar)

The product:

Prior to soldering:

A sketched circuit with batteries:



My soldered and assembled kit:



The circuit in action:



When I first put the Kit together, I noticed that the battery got very hot and the relay was not switching. I realised it was because two of the leads were touching each other, which was causing a short:
https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090512165003AATenWx

I also noticed that the phototransistor was only switching the relay if pointed directly at my table lamp when I moved my hand in front of it. When pointed into my room generally, it did not switch the relay.

With Nitinol

I connected up the nitinol using alligator clips and a 6V power supply.

Result: IT WORKS! (sort of)

The assembled circuit with Nitinol:




The circuit in action:



I noticed a slight burning smell, and I think that the nitinol might be slightly overloaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment